Terms of travel in the context of prevention and management of Covid-19.
In the context of the operation of our ships, according to the instructions of YNANP but also of EODY, the passenger public should be aware of the following measures that apply from 18/5 to 15/6/2020. Specifically:
- The fact that they should not travel if they have come in contact with a COVID-19 patient without the use of personal protective equipment in the last 14 days before the trip, the symptoms of COVID-19,
- health risks for vulnerable groups and the recommendation to avoid travel inside and outside Greece of all persons belonging to high-risk groups, ie persons over 70 years of age or of any age with underlying serious chronic diseases (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus, respiratory diseases) and immunocompromised individuals.
- The importance of precautionary measures (social distancing, frequent hand washing with soap and water or alternatively alcohol use with 70% alcohol content, the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, mouth and nose cover with a tissue during coughing or sneezing, avoiding contact of the hands with the mouth, nose or eyes to prevent the spread of germs, avoiding contact with people who have respiratory symptoms),
- regulations and precautionary measures on board (eg mandatory use of fabric mask in all indoor and outdoor areas which will have procured themselves),
- the control measures during boarding and the recommendation for early arrival to facilitate the control process before boarding. Prior to boarding the ship, it is necessary to use the thermometer and complete a special health status questionnaire, which is maintained by the company in accordance with the current legislation exclusively for the observance and protection of public health. The form is available from our agencies and the network of our partners and it is recommended that it be completed in time before the trip.
- Direct statement to the ship’s crew if they develop symptoms of respiratory distress during the voyage,
- Seek immediate medical attention if they develop symptoms of respiratory distress after the trip and inform their physician about the history of the trip.
- We are in contact with the competent authorities and inform the officers and members of the crew, so that they fully comply with the latest prevention instructions (personal prevention and hygiene of themselves, but also of the passengers) and be able to manage emergencies. , in case someone shows symptoms that can be attributed to the COVID-19 coronavirus infection (isolation in a special area, disembarkation at the next port which has the necessary capacity for its management, contact tracking, etc.).
- We inform the passengers with information leaflet and audiovisual material about the prevention measures and the risks of spreading COVID-19. In addition, relevant announcements indicate the observance and implementation of the measures during the trip.
- For better implementation of the rules of personal hygiene and protection of passengers, antiseptics are available at various points in the common areas of the ship and the toilets.
- Before your trip, please consult with the hygiene measures from the corresponding form of EODY, which you can download here. Passengers should not travel if they have symptoms of COVID-19 infection (cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms) or if they have come in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days before the trip.
Additionally, when issuing tickets, passengers will be informed that it is possible to be denied their boarding on the following cases:
- If they show symptoms compatible with a suspected Covid-19 case
- One has come into contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 according to their answers in the Form – Health declaration questionnaire before boarding,
- If they do not comply with the rules of prevention of transmission of respiratory droplets (use of face mask, maintaining distances of 1.5 meters),
- If a suspicious Covid-19 case is detected on the ship during the voyage, then after the voyage and until the ship reaches its final destination, new passengers will not be allowed to board the intermediate destinations but only the disembarkation.
- We recommend to passengers and our partners when issuing tickets or shipments, to limit the use of cash and prefer the method of contactless transaction, with debit or credit cards.
- We also recommend that you avoid physical contact with the staff of port offices or ships during check-in.
- In the context of the precautionary measures and the instructions of the competent bodies for non-overcrowding, we request from passengers in order to receive the best service to be on the day of their trip, at least two hours before the scheduled departure time of the ship at the local port offices of the company, in case they need a change or have not issued their tickets.
COV-19: 18 May 2020 Press Release
At LAFASI NE, we give great importance to the safety and health of our staff and passengers. That is why, from the first moment, we take daily measures of protection from the coroner SARS-CoV-2, meticulously applying all the instructions of the Ministry of Shipping and the National Organization of Public Health (EODY) and relevant instructions have been posted on our boats.
- Every day our boats are thoroughly cleaned with disinfectants.
- In collaboration with a specialized company, we carry out periodic disinfection of our entire fleet.
- Inside the living quarters there are disinfectants for use by passengers.
- Our crews are constantly updated and ready to deal with any incident.
- The captains of our ships have received relevant instructions for incident management and related forms.
Our company’s offices remain closed in accordance with the instructions of EODY. For any information you can call us at the following phone number +302243051630 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to travel together, with safety, caution and valid information.
Announcement for preparation of start of itineraries: 5 May 2020
We would like to inform you that our company monitors all developments regarding the suspension of passenger traffic measures on the islands.
As soon as we are notified of the necessary measures, we will inform you with our new announcement regarding the start of our itineraries.
We remind you that the itineraries Kalymnos – Mastichari have been suspended until 15/5/2020.
COV-19 Press Release – Suspension of itineraries: 25 April 2020
We would like to inform our passenger publicly that for reasons of public health and to prevent the spread of coronavirus Covid 19 we are suspending the itineraries of our ships on the line Kalymnos-Mastichari starting 04-04-2020 until further notice. There will be new announcements for any changes.
Until the resumption of our itineraries, we recommend: