For the realization of the above mentioned, LAFASI N.E. declares its commitment to the principles and regulations of the Safe Management System and guarantees the implementation of the following Environmental Safety and Protection.
- Protection of human life and property at sea from known and specific hazards and ensuring healthy and safe working conditions for ship personnel.
- Use of specialized and medically certified personnel on board, so that they are suitable for the job for which they are intended.
- Maintainment of the Safety Equipment in good condition as well as maximizing the familiarity of the ship’s personnel in the use of this equipment.
- The gyms on the ships of the Company use the safety equipment against any specific danger.
- The procedures established by the Company for safe navigation and the general safety of the ship.
- Confirmation that the ship’s personnel are aware of anti-pollution protection issues and are aware and responsible for actions against all types of pollution, as required by National and International Regulations.
- Encouragement of staff to take all necessary measures to avoid pollution.
- Pollution treatment through a pollution control plan.
- The report to the Company’s Management for any reason of non-compliance with pollution.
- Carrying out gyms at regular intervals.
The establishment of risk assessment and management procedures which it follows and examines ensuring the improvement of its procedures so that the risks related to the operations of the Company, the staff, the property and the environment are at a level <0}
COMPLIANCE WITH THE DECLARED POLICY IS OBLIGATORY FOR ALL COMPANY STAFF ON BOARD SHIPS AND ON LAND INDEPENDENT FROM OTHER POLICIES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO ANY ADOPTED AND APPLIED BY DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE COMPANY.